There are a lot of cliches out there and people tend to not take them very seriously, even though sometimes you should.
You should never stop learning
When someone talks about education, the first thing that comes to peoples mind is some sort of college degree.
When I think about learning and education, I don’t think about getting an MBA or some other type of degree, in fact I don’t really believe in those.
Formal education isn’t the only way go and it probably isn’t the way to go, period.
In the world we live in, you could be learning at any minute of the day. You can read articles on your phone while sitting in the bus or waiting for your food in a restaurant, you could be listening to Smart Passive Income while jogging, you could watch a movie and get some serious knowledge.
There are a lot of ways to learn something new and reading dry and boring books isn’t the way to go.
I really believe you should be making every single moment of your life productive and edutainment is a way of doing that.
Your knowledge is the one investment that will NEVER go down in value.
This is something I’ve mentioned a lot on this blog already and that’s only because I really believe in it.
No matter where you are, you can bring your phone or iPod and hit up Audible, listen to a book.
I’m not talking about fiction books here, although they have their place.
I’m talking about business books, self-development books and other educational sources.
The thing people don’t realize, who haven’t tried it, is that these books tend to be really entertaining, not only valuable in knowledge.
While listening to Charlie Hoehn’s “Play It Away”, I was walking down the street with a ridiculous grin on my face and learning at the same time.
You can see a part of my audiobook library on the side of this page, while I work on my reading list.
These are like mini-audiobooks, 30-90 minutes packed with golden knowledge and even more entertainment than books.
John Lee Dumas will light you on fire (in a good way) and have serious entrepreneurs just INJECT their business experiences into your brain..
Here are some of my favorite podcasts:
- James Altucher Show
- The Tim Ferriss Show (TimTim TalkTalk)
- Entrepreneur On Fire by John Lee Dumas
- The Tropical MBA by Dan Andrews and Ian Schoen
- Niche Pursuits by Spencer Haws
- Smart Passive Income by Pat Flynn
- EmpireFlippers by Justin Cooke and Joe “Hotmoney” Magnotti
- Mixergy by Andrew Warner
- New Business Podcast by Chris Ducker
- Eventual Millionaire by Jaime Tardy
If you can’t find one you like out of these ten, I don’t know what to tell you..
Let’s face it, there are blogs out there which provide way more value in a single post that you could get from some colleges as a whole.
Yet again, you can be learning serious life lessons while reading absolutely amazing stories, that you’ll want to tell your friends about.
Here’s a list of the 25 blogs I like most:
- Self Stairway by Vincent Nguyen
- 4-Hour Blog by Tim Ferriss
- Smart Passive Income Blog by Pat Flynn
- EmpireFlippers blog by Justin Cooke and Joe Magnotti
- My4HrWorkweek by Eric Gati
- MatthewWoodward.co.uk by Matthew Woodward (Surprise!)
- Chris Ducker
- Niche Pursuits Blog by Spencer Haws
- Leaving Work Behind by Tom Ewer
- Seth Godin
- Tropical MBA Blog by Dan & Ian
- James Altucher
- ConversionXL by Peep Laja (Woo, an Estonian guy on the list!)
- Gary Vaynerchuk
- Charlie Hoehn
- Social Triggers by Derek Halpern
- Startup Lessons Learned by Eric Ries
- I Will Teach You To Be Rich by Ramit Sethi
- Michael Hyatt
- DemonDemon by Paul-Rone Clark
- QuickSprout by Neil Patel
- ViperChill by Glen Allsopp
- The Daily Interview by Eric Gati
- Amy Porterfield
Instead of watching cat videos and fail compilations, did you know that there are more entertaining channels which also make you SMARTER?
Maybe you’re into science? Look at Vsauce.
Or you’re like me and love internet marketing with all your heart? Check out Jeffrey Lee Williams!
PS. There’s a big lack of internet marketing related YouTube channels. If you’re into making videos and IM, this is your chance! 😉
There are a lot more options out there, it all depends on your personal preferences and goals. Maybe you’d like to have a motivational video playing in the background while you work? That’s kind of edutainment.
The point is that there are so many ways to entertain yourself while actually gaining value at the same time.
Explore them and become a better person without boring yourself to death.